Skip to main content

Freaky Road

Last Friday some of my friends and myself went to visit buddy in Maharagama. I should admit that I am not familiar with the roads in Maharagama, so looking for the turn off to our friend’s place was quite a tedious affair. Nevertheless, after we went in circles we successfully reached our destination.

On our way back I waited patiently to turn on to the main road from the Elhena Road. As soon as I got way I turned on to what I assumed was the road. To our horror there was a thud (loud noise) and the car bumped up and down, before I managed to bring the car to a halt. I assumed that I had hit a rather biggggg pothole; coz what else can you expect in the middle of a road. But, to our surprise we figured out that it was barrel drain. The barrel drain was covered with concrete slabs in the middle of the road but, one was dislodged and for my bad luck the car had hit the one dislodged.

I don’t see why such issues are not reported and attended to by relevant authorities; because if it were to go unseen to a pedestrian the damage would no doubt be greater. Thank God I was going slowly and we all were unharmed; but the damage to the car (front fender was wrenched etc.) from that little innocent road hazard sure foretells many more accidents.

Comments

santhoshi said…
Even if we send complaints they are going to take ages to attend to it since everyones busy with making all the other roads all neat and tidy before the summit
Angel Eyes said…
I agree with u a 100% its actually quite comic to see how fast they are patching up the roads and and giving them a facelift :)
Angel Eyes said…
I agree with u a 100% its actually quite comic to see how fast they are patching up the roads and and giving them a facelift :)