Skip to main content

She sure made my day…

Here I was at my workstation at office doing my work like a goodie goodie when my mobile rang. I was thankful that I had put it on discrete mode coz my normal ring tone is enough to wakeup the dead. Besides it so happened that some of our company big shots where in a discussion pretty close to where I sat and obstructing the entrance; therefore I didn’t wanna be smart and excuse myself in the middle of there discussion just to take a personal call. So I decided to answer it in my seat itself, but I was barely a whisper on the phone due to the lack of privacy.

I was delighted to here one of my good friends from school on the other end of the line….. She immediately understood that I was not in a position to talk so she hung up, promising to call me at home. I was rather curious as to why she called at such an hour so I casually sent her an sms asking her what was up.... only to figure out to my delight that she wanted to know if I could be her bridesmaid. I was simply thrilled and honored coz out of all her friends she asked meee.... and I replied in a heartbeat and told her that I would be happy to do her the honor.

Comments

Islander said…
wow u really luv romantic stuff yeah...
yep islander and for that matter i bet im not the only girl who does :) Besides im not thrilled just at the fact that i will be part of the bridal party im thrilled coz i will be able to be there for my friend in a special way.
Anonymous said…
:) good for you!

Uhm, i love wedding - but i don't think i would like to be a grooms-man. I was one for my cousin, and it was fun: largely due to the much younger, and definitely cool bride's maid that i was paired up with. But i was captured on tape for all eternity trying to do something called "proper" dancing :-P it was fun, nonetheless :) so next time, i will be ready!
Ops... thanks for the reminder i totally forgot abt the dancing part. Geee i will have to brush up my steps coz im not too good at it. I think thats the bad part when being a bridesmaid but what the heck i will have to try :)
Anonymous said…
:) enjoy it... and i hope you get paired up with a good grooms man.

So many wedding coming up for me during the next two years.... ha ha.. great company, good food!
Hey thanks Agni, ya I too hope that I get paired off with a good groomsman, someone who is not too brilliant but ok at dancing so that I can manage to get through with the whole ordeal of dancing for the cameras which generally isn’t my think :) other than that part im looking forward to being a bridesmaid.

Quite a few of my friends are getting married next year as well and I too am looking forward to the weddings more so coz they are the first few weddings among my close school batch mates :)