Skip to main content

Is it worth the high cost you end up paying??

Most young girls and guys when growing up strive to do anything to be noticed and to be part of the crowd. In their minds it’s labelled as the “IN THING” which is fun and cool. Rarely do they stop to ponder as to whether, what they are doing is right or wrong. They always love to try new things just for the sake of being able to boast to others saying that they did it. As a result before they know what starts off as fun soon becomes and addiction which eats away their lives slowly.

All people who are slaves and addicts to worldly pleasures have their own reasoning behind their putrid actions. However, little do they know that all their lame excuses are nothing but denial.

Many people are quick to point a finger towards a person’s upbringing and friends when they fall onto the wrong path. However this may not be true in all such situations. I believe that everyone has a conscience and the power of better judgement lies within each one of us. Therefore no one can be blamed for another person’s actions.

People who are in a rut very rarely like to be told of their wrong doings because their minds are generally deluded with the false thought that they know what they are doing and more further that they are in control of the situation. Alas! Little do they realise that they have missed the bus along time ago.

I hope that all such people will start by admitting that they need help and thereafter move on to using there self-control to break overcome their weakness before its too late.

Well, that’s my view. I wonder whether you agree with me or not??

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well come back! I like the post..

"Rarely do they stop to ponder as to whether, what they are doing is right or wrong." - right and wrong is subjective to a large extent...and people will justify (to themselves, and others) what they do...

IMO, as long as what people do, is not a hindrance to others, i guess i am okay with it...
Hey thanks Agni, ya I have been silent for a very long time because I was very busy. I am happy that you like the post.

Ya, you have a good point. I think everyone thinks on those lines including me but reality is that it’s really sad and pathetic to see others ruin or endanger their lives especially if they are close to you.
Anonymous said…
Your thoughts about this topic is quite amazing. I totaly agree with you. I thinks its hard to find people who actualy realize things.
Having said that, I also think that people in distress may need help from others, cause changing one's self is can be quite hard for some.
Hi Anonymous,
Hope you don’t mind me referring to you as "Anonymous", I did that coz you hadn’t left a name.

Anyway thanks for the complement. Ya, I too believe that such people need help to change. But, only a handful of people realise the situation that they are in and ask for help.
Anonymous said…
What you have written here is insightful. Sometimes many factors could contribute to people going down the wrong path. If we take drug addicts or example:- most of them would have ended up there through depression, mental health problems etc. And yes these people need help and only someone who really love the person or a professional can help them as they need constant and intensive care.